The EGR valve (Exhaust Gas Recirculation) is an emission control device designed to reduce NOx emissions to help towards the ever more stringent Euro Emission Regulations. Our EGR Delete and EGR bypass software is designed to remove the functionality of the EGR valve to ensure it removes the running issues associated with these devices.
HOW DO EGR VALVES WORK?
- The EGR Valve creates a loop back from the exhaust manifold to the intake manifold to recirculate burnt gases.
- The EGR valve has a solenoid which controls the valve which in turn is controlled by the ECU.
- The ECU operates the solenoid by using a duty request cycle in order to open the valve and recirculate the burnt gases.
- The Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor is then used to record the amount of additional gas which subsequently feeds back to the ECU as a control measure.
EGR VALVE PROBLEMS
As the EGR valve is constantly working with burnt exhaust gases they naturally have high soot content. This soot in the gases causes a build-up of carbon deposits around the valve operation area which in turn causes the valve to have a tendency to stick in various positions. For full engine performance the EGR valve is closed which creates a closed loop environment for the turbo system which allows it to pressurise. A problematic EGR can create an open loop environment for the turbo as it provides a feedback straight to the intake manifold and as a result can cause boost issues along with huge reductions in power and also fuel economy!
BENEFITS OF EGR REMOVAL – EGR DELETE
- Restored Engine Power
- Restored MPG
- Cleaner emissions as faulty EGR’s create much higher soot deposits
- Can prevent DPF failure as the soot is caught in the DPF trap
- Can prevent EGR replacement which can cost hundreds of pounds